Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 22 minutes
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups dehydrated shredded potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white onion flakes
- Pour 100° (F) water to cover freeze-dried cheese in small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Put freeze-dried hash browns in bowl and pour 1-1/2 cups boiling water over them.
- To the bowl with the hash browns, add butter, black pepper, gravy mix, salt, and onions.
- Lastly, add entire bowl of rehydrated cheese, including soaking water, to main bowl.
- Stir, cover with cling wrap, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour bowl out into small roasting pan. Smooth surface with spoon.
- Bake for 22 minutes at 350° (F).