Roast Beef Stew
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 8 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup beef gravy mix
- 3 cups freeze-dried roast beef
- 1 cup freeze-dried diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried peas
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried corn
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried celery pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup freeze dried carrots
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In large pot over medium high heat, add water and whisk in gravy mix.
- Stir all freeze dried ingredients and thyme into water.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to a rolling boil, while stirring frequently.
- As soon as boil is reached, turn off heat, cover with tightly-fitting lid, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
If you wish to adjust the consistency of this recipe, start with just 7-1/2 cups of water (where the recipe calls for 8-1/2 cups), and decide whether to add the final cup of water towards the end.