Buttery, Toasty, Sweet Corn Bread
- 7 ounces powdered sugar
- 6 ounces organic stone-ground cornmeal
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 ounces butter
- 1 pound bag frozen organic corn, defrosted
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° (F).
- In large bowl mix powdered sugar, cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well.
- In pan over medium heat melt butter and mix in corn. Cook, stirring frequently, until kernels are well-toasted (15-20 minutes). Let cool.
- Puree corn in blender, and add cream and milk. Blend well. Add eggs and blend.
- Pour batter into bowl with dry ingredients, and stir thoroughly with rubber spatula.
- Prepare two 9”x5” loaf pans by coating inside with butter and then flour.
- Fill both loaf pans equally with batter (roughly 3/4 full). Put loaf pans on larger sheet tray.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350° (F) or until toothpick stuck in center comes out clean.