Toasted Oatmeal with Holiday Spices
- 1 cup toasted steel-cut oats
- 12 ounces purified water
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or cream
- Grind oat groats in Grain Maker or other grinder at coarsest setting.
- Place ground groats in dry skillet over medium heat and toast for 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently to avoid burning.
- In saucepan, add water, milk, pumpkin spice, salt, and toasted oats.
- Stir, bring to boil, turn heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with dark brown sugar and butter or cream.