Thai Fried Rice
- juice of half a lime (approx. 1/8 cup)
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons Tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups Jasmine rice, cooked in 3 cups water OR 5 cups left over, cooked rice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 button mushrooms, small dice
- 5 green onions, small dice
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1-1/2 cups savoy cabbage (or other variety), chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 chicken eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- Cook rice: bring water to boil, add rice, stir, cover tightly, and cook over low for 16 minutes. Turn off burner, flake rice with fork, cover, and let sit.
- Mince/dice all vegetables, juice lime, coarsely chop cilantro.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients into small work bowl, set aside.
- In large wok over high heat, add half of coconut oil, then cook chicken for 4-5 minutes, stirring o en. Set chicken aside.
- In same wok, add rest of coconut oil and all vegetables. Stir fry for at least 10-15 minutes or until vegetables cook down and wok is getting dry.
- Push vegetables to outside of wok, making a space in the middle. Add grapeseed oil, then eggs and begin to scramble eggs in this space. Mix eggs in with vegetables as they cook.
- Return cooked chicken to wok, and add chopped cilantro and lemongrass paste. Toss well.
- Add cooked rice to wok, mix in well. Add sauce, stir thoroughly.
- Serve with garnishes like cut limes, fresh cilantro, sprouts, and crushed peanuts.
- Season to taste on the plate with sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, squeezed lime, etc.