Split Pea Soup with Ham
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots (fresh or freeze-dried)
- 1 cup diced celery (fresh or freeze-dried)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup freeze-dried ham cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Harvest Eating Northern Italian Seasoning
- 4 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 1 pound split peas
- In pot over medium high heat, add olive oil, celery, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes to sweat out.
- Add ham, onion powder, and Northern Italian Seasoning.
- Add stock cubes, water, and split peas.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve warm straight from the pot.
If you prefer a smoother consistency, you can run it through a blender or use an immersion blender. But I prefer this soup with a little texture myself.