Kettle Corn Pancakes
- 1-3/4 cups cornmeal (ground coarse or medium)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten (or powdered equivalent — I use Ova-Easy Whole Egg Crystals)
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In bowl, pour boiling water over cornmeal and stir well. Cover and let sit for twenty minutes.
- Uncover and mix continuously while adding milk, egg, sugar, oil, flour, baking powder, malted milk powder, and salt.
- Pre-heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, then pour batter about 1/2 cup at a time onto skillet. When small bubbles appear on surface, flip pancake, and cook other side about the same amount of time, until golden-brown.
- Serve with real maple syrup and butter.