Charred Chili Beef Cubes w Chili, Onion, Garlic & Ginger
2 tbs ghee
1 lb sirloin cubes
1/2 od small red onion, sliced
1 large green onion sliced
1 inch piece of ginger, minced
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
5 dried guajillo chilis that have been rehydrated, then sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
handful cilantro, minced
juice of 1 lime
zest of 1 lime
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Cut sirloin into small cubes, let warm to room temp.
- In a very hot wok or skillet add ghee, then toss in beef cubes, deeply sear the cubes to the point of them starting to char.
- Toss in red onion, chilis and salt, cook 2 minutes tossing often.
- Toss in ginger and garlic, stir very well cook 1 minute.
- Add smoked paprika, green onion, cook 1 minute.
- Toss in lime zest and juice then cilantro, cook 30 seconds, serve.
- Add more lime juice on top if you so desire.